Many signs and symptoms are associated with rosacea, but they can vary considerably from person to person. The following signs and symptoms tend to be present in most cases:
- Flushing (easily blushing): Flushing episodes can last as long as 5 minutes. The blush can spread from the face down to the neck and chest. Some people say the skin feels unpleasantly hot during flushing episodes.
- Facial skin hyper-reactivity: Sensitive blood vessels dilate easily to touch and some other physical stimuli, such as sunlight. Many mistakenly refer to this as “sensitive skin,” but, with rosacea, it is caused by sensitive blood vessels and not sensitive skin cells.
- Persistent redness: Sometimes, the flushing episodes may eventually be followed by bouts of persistent facial redness. The redness, like a patch of sunburn, may not go away. This occurs because hundreds of tiny blood vessels near the surface of the facial skin dilate (expand).
- Pimples, papules, and pustules (Inflammatory rosacea): Small spots, papules, and pustules sometimes appear on the face – this is also known as inflammatory rosacea. Misdiagnosis is common because of their similarity to teenage acne. However, with rosacea, the skin has no blackheads, unlike acne.
- Inflamed blood vessels (vascular rosacea): As the signs and symptoms of rosacea progress and get worse, small blood vessels on the nose and cheeks swell and become visible (telangiectasia) – they sometimes look like tiny spider webs. The skin on the face can become blotchy.
How We Can Help
Rosacea treatment includes Dermalux LED Phototherapy, IPL on visible veins to reduce redness in combination with products to protect the skin i.e. broad-spectrum sunscreen, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory products to calm soothe and strengthen the capillary wall and skin cells.
Rosacea worsens with time if left untreated. It is often mistaken for acne, eczema, or a skin allergy. Call 091-556846 to book your consultaion to help you manage your condition.
Let's get serious about your skin.
In order to create the perfect skincare plan to address your specific needs, a thorough skin consultation is essential. Your first visit will always start with a consultation taking 30–40 minutes. As well as in-depth skin analysis, we will also discuss home care, nutrition and lifestyle. This allows us to create a bespoke home care and treatment plan to achieve your ultimate skin health.